DTI implemented a centrally managed deposition services preferred partner program for a major railroad corporation to minimize overall spend and maximize efficiencies.
A large railroad corporation that provides passenger service nationwide is involved in constant, ongoing litigation. Like many corporations that serve the public, the railroad operates two distinctly different legal divisions, with unique court reporting needs. For years the railroad allowed outside counsels to select service providers on its behalf. Due to this lack of oversight, many pain points had developed:
• High costs and inconsistent rates across cases and geographies.
• Inconsistent quality, due to the uncontrolled variety of court reporting agencies used.
• Administrative headaches and costs, related to invoicing irregularities.
The client turned to DTI to provide a solution that not only rectified these pain points but also offered a one-stop solution for all court reporting needs. The task required an in-depth analysis of the client’s litigation landscape (internal and external), including short-term and long-term goals, then delivering lower, preferred rates via a customized pricing schedule – without sacrificing service levels.
Preferred Partner Program
DTI provided a review and analysis of the client’s court reporting spend. This audit revealed that more than 100 outside counsels were utilizing dozens of court reporting agencies, with rates and quality that spanned the spectrum. DTI also mapped the client’s outside counsel list against DTI’s affiliate network to ensure 100 percent coverage.
The client saw the benefits of the program and engaged DTI as its sole court reporting provider, relieving outside counsels and gaining control over a haphazard process to manage and meet the requirements for the extensive number of depositions the client required annually.
DTI delivered a seamless launch and implementation program that offered many advantages:
• Locked-in aggressive national rates, state by state – resulting in 15-20 percent savings across the board.
• Secured volume discounts (over and above standard rates) based on annual spend.
• Streamlined invoicing process.
• Provided internal and external program roll-out guidelines and resources.
• Customized intake process, including dedicated case managers.
At first we were resistant to this new program, but now we couldn’t be happier with the efficiencies this solution provides to our entire firm. The quality of work and service has been nothing short of spectacular.
– Client’s Corporate l at AMLAW 50 Law Firm
The client chose DTI because it needed a court reporting partner with both the geographic reach and the talent pool depth to efficiently cover all depositions throughout 50 states. In addition, the client needed a provider capable of delivering both customer service prowess and technology to make the complex process go smoothly. The partner needed skill in meeting various jurisdictional requirements for transcript production, to ensure that all relevant local rules were observed during the course of the case.
Finally, the client needed an experienced partner that could provide other value added services, such as convenient regional conference rooms, videoconferencing, videography services, and skilled reporters.
During the first year of the program, DTI successfully managed the enormous volume of depositions required, while providing exceptional service, even when that required up to 10 deposition locations a day, many in remote areas. Nearly 325 depositions were taken in more than 150 towns and cities.
Overall program compliance by both inside and outside counsels took only 45 days, without any disruption to active matters. Moreover, a handful of the outside counsels had reporters they had used for decades but who were not under DTI’s umbrella of affiliates. DTI was able to add a majority of these reporters and maintain client satisfaction.
Based on monthly, quarterly and annual reporting provided by DTI, the client was able to track and monitor overall activity and costs, resulting in:
- Significant savings – 17 percent savings over the prior year, plus a 5 percent volume discount, for a combined overall savings in hundreds of thousands of dollars, as well as many more “soft-dollar” costs.
- Higher quality and consistency.
- Exceptional, 24/7 customer service provided by dedicated team.
DTI has been a valuable partner for our company in all the key court reporting
service areas. Providing 24/7 customer support to our outside law firms is a personal commitment
made by every member of the DTI team. DTI worked closely with our firm’s local court reporters to
ensure continuity of service and the company knowledge that our outside counsel expects and needs.
– Legal Administration Manager for Fortune 250 Transportation Company
a DTI case study
World-Class Service. Local Commitment.
Visit DTIglobal.com to learn more.